- What does removable mean?
- What holds the pole in place?
- I rent an apartment/home, will there be any damage to my ceiling or floor?
- What if my ceiling height is less than 8 feet?
- What if I have vaulted ceilings?
- Can I use the Lil' Mynx on hardwood or tile floors?
- What is the difference in finishes?
- Do I really need to consult a certified housing repairman for installation help?
- My Lil' Mynx is too long/short. What do I do?
- What does the hook do?
- What if I want to use my pole in multiple rooms?
- How much room should I allow for around my pole?
- My pole is starting to look dirty. How do I clean it?
- What is the best way to store my Lil' Mynx?
- How does my package arrive and what does it look like?
- Do you offer custom poles?
- What is the diameter of the Lil' Mynx?
- Do you offer a spinning pole?
- What is the difference between The Original Lil' Mynx and The Lil' Mynx "Rotator"?
- I have a plaster ceiling. Will the Lil' Mynx work for me?
- I have metal joists. Will the Lil' Mynx work for me?
1. What does removable mean?
Removable means that the Lil' Mynx is not bolted to the floor or ceiling. After the initial installation it takes only seconds to put up or take down, with no tools needed.
2. What holds the pole in place?
Our unique ceiling mount, which is disguised as a plant hook for discretion, along with a threaded compression system and rubber feet on the base hold the Lil' Mynx in place. The Lil' Mynx Pro Pole also comes with a friction ceiling mount that does not require a bolt into the ceiling, although you must still find a joist to straddle. Keep in mind this is held in place by friction and cannot withstand as large a side load as the bolted mount.
3. I rent an apartment/home, will there be any damage to my
ceiling or floor?
The ceiling mount requires only a single screw and can easily be covered with spackle when you move. The rubber feet on the base that grip the carpet for traction cause no damage.
4. What if my ceiling height is less than 8 feet?
Not a problem, just make note of your ceiling height in the comments section of the order page or give us a call before you order and we can make a pole to fit your ceiling height at no additional charge. A pole shorter than 8 feet will be adjustable up to 1 foot longer than the length you specify.
5. What if I have vaulted ceilings?
No problem. Go to our mounts section and order the Vaulted Ceiling Mount. Keep in mind that you will still be limited to 10 feet maximum height. This mount does not look like a plant hook. It is just a mount.
6. Can I use the Lil' Mynx on hardwood or tile floors?
We have a small pad available for use on non-carpeted flooring.
7. What is the difference in finishes?
The colored poles are powder-coated and have the most grip, good for climbing and hanging. The polished stainless steel poles have a smoother slick finish, which is good for spins but a little harder to climb.
8. Do I really need to consult a certified housing repairman for installation help?
Although it is not necessary to use a professional we highly recommend it if you are not absolutely sure how to do the installation yourself.
9. My Lil' Mynx is too long/short. What do I do?
First re-measure your floor to ceiling height. The Lil’ Mynx comes standard to fit any size ceiling between 8-9', 9-10' or 8-10' based on your Lil' Mynx model. If just after receiving your pole you realize your ceiling height is less than 8 feet you need to ship your pole back to have it modified to fit your room. You will be responsible for all shipping costs and there may be some cost associated with the modification. There may be some restrictions when asking to modify an older pole (one that has been installed and used). Please call us to discuss your needs, (877) 700-7467. Under no circumstances should you try to modify the Lil’ Mynx yourself.
If your ceiling is between the specified height range of your model, you will want the pole assembly to be 1 to 1.25 inches longer than that length. Next, as long as your height is within those parameters you can adjust the pole length by rotating the adjustment tube while applying slight pressure towards the foot of the pole. Turn clockwise to shorten, counter clockwise to lengthen. Click Here For Example
10. What does the hook do?
The hook has no function other than to disguise the mount. It does not hold the pole in place. When you do not have your Lil' Mynx in place all that is left is a functional plant hook. Hopefully this will eliminate any awkward questions your family or friends may ask about the mount.
11. What if I want to use my pole in multiple rooms?
While you can move your ceiling mount from room to room (not recommended), it is much more convenient to place a mount in each room you plan to use your Lil' Mynx Dance Pole. Additional mounts are available in our online store.
13. My pole is starting to look dirty. How do I clean it?
We recommend that you clean your Lil' Mynx Colors with a damp cloth. Window cleaner works well and is safe because it is diluted. Do no use solvents, such as alcohol.
14. What is the best way to store my Lil' Mynx?
It is recommended that the Lil' Mynx be stored horizontally. This will insure that it has no chance of falling over causing injury to any person or damaging the finish.
Dance poles and extensions are shipped via FedEx. All other items are sent U.S.P.S. All packages must be signed for (please contact us if you would like the signature requirement waived).
16. Do you offer custom poles?
Yes, we make custom poles. Please call us to discuss your individual needs at (877) 700-7467.
The Lil' Mynx is available as either 45 or 50mm.
18. Do you offer a spinning pole?
Yes, The Lil' Mynx "Rotator" is a combination spinning/stationary removable dance pole. The "Rotator" has a smart designed bearing assembly in the base that allows the pole to rotate freely. With the simple push of a button your Lil' Mynx can change from a static pole to rotating. It's like 2 poles in 1!
19. What is the difference between The Original Lil' Mynx and The Lil' Mynx "Rotator"?
The Original Lil' Mynx is a stationary removable dance pole. This pole does not spin. The Lil' Mynx "Rotator" is a combination spinning/stationary removable dance pole. The "Rotator" has a smart designed bearing assembly in the base that allows the pole to rotate freely. With the simple push of a button your Lil' Mynx can change from a static pole to rotating. It's like 2 poles in 1! Other than the bearing assembly and lockout button both poles share the same installation and quality features.
21. I have metal joists. Will the Lil' Mynx work for me?
Yes, but you will need to get a "toggle/ butterfly" bolt. These are the ones that pop open after they go through the ceiling. You can find this and an appropriate drill bit from your local hardware store. Be sure the screw is 1/4 inch diameter or more to secure the mount. You may also consider the Pro Pole with the friction mount. Be aware though that the friction mount has limitations to side load.